DoLA is seeking talented, clever, and proactive interns to help with a variety of responsibilities. We are currently seeking to fill the following roles: Sales, Social Media & Marketing Intern and Design/Video Intern.
I. General Skills & Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of established social media and emerging platforms.
- Passion for LA events and nightlife and "in the know" about the bands, venues, and city secrets our readers care about
- Flexible schedule including the ability to attend DoLA events when necessary. Events are approximately one evening per month with the hours required for the event credited to your office hour requirement for that week
- Currently enrolled student for whom the internship fulfills a credit requirement. Your internship supervisor will be happy to facilitate any requirements your university may have, including overseeing additional educational or enrichment activities as necessary
- As much of our work is in the nightlife world, we prefer candidates who are a minimum of 21 years of age with valid government ID
II. Intern Roles
Interested in sales and gaining real-world job experience--Specifically in relation to events, brands, venues & media? DoLA is looking to take on a new intern to work directly with our sales team.
Regular duties will involve all phases of the sales process including profiling (industry and category research), prospecting (qualifying leads, developing a value proposition, cold calling, scheduling, discovery meetings, identifying media budgets, RFP's, closing the sale, building relationships), and CRM management (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, data.com).
Qualified candidates should be very organized and eager to learn about the sales process in relation to the media, music & entertainment industries. Must be currently enrolled in college and based in the Los Angeles area. Previous sales experience and/or education is not required but is a plus!
SOCIAL MEDIA / MARKETING INTERN
Our Social Media Intern will gain hands-on experience assisting in the maintenance of all accounts for DoLA. We are seeking someone who doesn't just know that Twitter or Instagram exist, but wants to understand how to use these and other platforms to share a band's distinctive voice and grow an audience. In this role you will gain exposure to social media marketing for premiere media and entertainment brands as well as have the opportunity to be involved in crafting, executing, and reporting campaigns. We will also send you to local events to provide live coverage via our social platforms. In addition, this intern will help us research events and brainstorm ideas for content to be shared on our social media platforms, website, and newsletter. This intern will actively be creating content for all of our active social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Spotify & Facebook.
Are you excited about hopping on the latest social network and seeing what neat stuff you can do with it? Do you have an active, engaging voice online? This is the internship for you.
DESIGN / VIDEOGRAPHY
You will gain experience designing online ads and video content for some of the coolest artists, festivals, and venues, helping to craft posters and visuals for DoLA live events, and building out customized HTML and CSS on pages of our site. If you're a photographer as well, we may put your skills to use on photo shoots and at concerts and events or to keep our Instagram stocked with compelling images.
While each internship will be specialized, we are looking for candidates who are open to whatever might be thrown at them on a given day in our fast-paced office. Our internships are currently unpaid and are offered only for those eligible for college credit upon completion.
We hope you'll apply and join us in our fun, casual office in Downtown L.A. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the title of the internship for which you are applying in the subject line. In the body of your email, please answer the following application questions as concisely and creatively as possible.
1. Why are you interested in an internship position at DoLA?
2. How long have you known about DoLA?
3. Have you downloaded our app (what do you think of it?!?)
4. How long have you lived in LA?
5. Are you currently enrolled in college?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. What do you think you could contribute to DoLA?
8. Tell us about some of your favorite places in LA (pick 3)
9. What are your 3 favorite musical acts (and why?)
10. Do you have any sweet photoshop or video editing skills? If so explain.